Air Caster Transportation Systems For Sale
Established in 1984, Aerofilm Systems B.V. has since become one of the world’s leading manufacturers of air-film technology equipment. Aerofilm Systems offers an enormously wide range of air cushion transport solutions for the transport of objects weighing up to well over 500,000 kilograms by means of air cushion or air film transportation systems.
Australian Agent for Aerofilm Systems
PJM Industrial have been appointed the Australian Agent for Aerofilm Systems as of 2017.
Air Caster or Air Cushion Transportation Systems
Aerofilm Systems designs, develops and manufactures air casters and air caster transport systems. This form of air cushion transportation is the ideal solution for moving light to very heavy objects in a safe, ergonomic and cost effective way. It is also ideal for sensitive loads and often expensive objects because air casters create no vibration during moving.
Air casters are being used in all kinds of industries and applications worldwide. Both standard and custom made. The systems are typically used for internal movement of objects ranging from 100 kilograms to over 2.500 metric tons.
The air casters or air cushions contain a flexible rubber membrane that is fed by compressed air operating from 1 to 4 bar. A controlled leakage of the compressed air creates a thin air film between the floor and the air caster. The air caster can now float a few tenth of a millimetre above the floor with virtually no friction which makes it possible to move heavy loads and objects with relatively low force. It only requires 1 kilogram of pulling force to move a weight of 1,000 kilograms.
Main Benefits of Air Casters or Air Cushions
The main benefits of of air caster or air cushion transportation are:
- Ergonomic; less effort required to move loads
- The only exhaust gas is air
- No floor damage and very low floor load
- Suitable for very heavy loads
- Virtually friction-free, easy movement
- Low to no maintenance
- Very accurate positioning
- Vibration free movement
- No expensive cranes or gantries needed
- Compact, light and efficient design
- Easy to store
- Omni-directional movement
- Applicable in ISO 5 class cleanrooms
- No lubricants needed
- No mechanical wear parts
- No permanent installation needed in your facility
Air Caster Product Ranges & SolutionsFor more information regarding a specific air caster solution, please click on a link below.
- Air Casters: A-Type & B-Type including Water Casters The A-Type and B-Type of air casters can also be supplied as water casters where the medium is changed from air into water.
- Air Lift Cushions: AS-Type & HD-Type
- Permanently Installed Air Caster Systems
- Modular Air Caster System
- Air Caster Beams
- Air Caster Transport Platforms
- Air Caster Roll Transporters
- Air Caster Mobile Cranes
- Air / Water Caster Turntables
- Air Powered Drives
- Custom Made Engineered Solutions Because Aerofilm Systems is solely specialised in air caster transport solutions we are always open for new applications. Both our engineering team and our customers continuously come up with new challenges using air caster solutions. Our design team makes use of the newest and best available in 3D design software, Siemens NX, to design projects from sketch to fully detailed production drawings. All necessary analyses are created in software before implementing the projects. All air caster transport systems are designed digitally in 3D first to make sure that we provide our customers with the right solution.
Floor & Compressed AirIn order to guarantee that the air casters function properly, there are just two requirements: an adequate air supply and a suitable floor.
FloorThe right kind of floor for air caster movement is characterised as being airtight, smooth and flat. An unsuitable floor can (temporarily) be improved to enable the air caster transport system to float. This can be done, for example, with metal or plastic sheets. Less suitable floors cause higher air use, friction and wear. The ideal floor is mechanically power trowelled to a smooth, even finish. The surface can be impregnated with a suitable liquid to prevent dust, porosity and reduce wear. Any joints can be filled using a suitable silicone product. If the floor is not level and you are handling heavy loads there is a risk that the object will drift. This can cause dangerous situations if you don’t take the right precautions. When you have a reasonably level floor you can make use of internal or external power drives to control and brake the load. We would recommend using power drives on loads above 4 tonnes to be safe. Below you can find an indication of the applicability of different types of floors where 1 is the optimum for air caster transportation and 10 is unacceptable.
|FLOOR CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL||RATING|
|GALVANIZED STEEL PLATE||1-2|
|HARDBOARD, PLASTIC, LINOLEUM, SPRAY PAINTED CHIPBOARD||1-2|
|CONCRETE FLOOR, IMPREGNATED||2|
|CONCRETE FLOOR, NOT TREATED||3-4|
|CONCRETE, MANUALLY TROWELLED||8-10|
The basic principle of air caster transportation is that a thin air film is created between the air caster and the floor. To achieve this, you need to have sufficient air pressure and flow available at all times. The air needs to be dry and clean. Gauges have been mounted on almost all installations in order to control this supply.
Insufficient air supply results in higher friction, more wear and even failure to function.
Aerofilm Systems Air Caster Transportation Systems Product Catalogue
You can download the complete Aerofilm Systems Air Caster Transportation Systems product Catalogue here: Aerofilm Systems Air Caster Transportation Systems Catalogue (2600 KB)