Aerofilm Systems Air Transportation Systems
Established in 1984, Aerofilm Systems B.V. has since become one of the world’s leading manufacturers of air-film technology equipment. Aerofilm Systems offers an enormously wide range of air cushion transport solutions for the transport of objects weighing up to well over 500,000 kilograms by means of air cushion or air film transportation systems. (See air casters and air skates below).
Australian Agent for Aerofilm Systems
Air Caster Transportation Systems
Aerofilm Systems designs, develops and manufactures air casters and air caster transport systems. This form of air cushion transportation is the ideal solution for moving light to very heavy objects in a safe, ergonomic and cost effective way. It is also ideal for sensitive loads and often expensive objects because air casters create no vibration during moving.
Air casters are being used in all kinds of industries and applications worldwide. Both standard and custom made. The systems are typically used for internal movement of objects ranging from 100 kilograms to over 2.500 metric tons.
The air casters contain a flexible rubber membrane that is fed by compressed air operating from 1 to 4 bar. A controlled leakage of the compressed air creates a thin air film between the floor and the air caster. The air caster can now float a few tenth of a millimetre above the floor with virtually no friction which makes it possible to move heavy loads and objects with relatively low force. It only requires 1 kilogram of pulling force to move a weight of 1,000 kilograms.
Main Benefits of Air Casters
The main benefits of of air caster transportation are:
- Ergonomic; less effort required to move loads
- The only exhaust gas is air
- No floor damage and very low floor load
- Suitable for very heavy loads
- Virtually friction-free, easy movement
- Low to no maintenance
- Very accurate positioning
- Vibration free movement
- No expensive cranes or gantries needed
- Compact, light and efficient design
- Easy to store
- Omni-directional movement
- Applicable in ISO 5 class cleanrooms
- No lubricants needed
- No mechanical wear parts
- No permanent installation needed in your facility
More Information re Aerofilm Air Caster Systems?For more information regarding the Aerofilm Systems Air Caster Transportation Systems products for sale, including specific product ranges, please go to the Aerofilm Systems Air Caster Transportation Systems page.
Aerofilm Systems Air Skates
The Aerofilm Air Skate system consists of 4 wear-resistant air cushion air bearing elements with a regulation unit. The air bearings need to be mounted under a support plate or a frame. The user is responsible for supplying the necessary air lines.
What is an air skate?
Air skates or load modules are pneumatic elements that can be placed under objects to enable the object to be moved and positioned in any horizontal direction with almost no friction. Air skates use compressed air to operate. A thin film or cushion of air is created between the floor surface and the air bearing, resulting in virtually friction-free transport and making it possible to move heavy loads and objects with very little effort.
Air Skates Advantages
- Heavy loads can be moved in any horizontal direction, safely and accurately
- Ability to transfer heavy objects between halls where cranes cannot gain access
- No permanent installation needed in the building
- No unnecessary wear to the floor due to the low friction
- No point loading on the floor